7 oz (200 gm) roughly chopped dry roasted macadamia nuts
4-6 bush tomatoes reconstituted and chopped (bush tomatoes are very small and come dried so need to be rehydrated in boiling water. You can use semidried tomatoes instead and increase the quantity)
3 cups (720 ml) of self-rising flour
1/2 cup (120 ml) of milk
2 tbsp (30 ml) of sugar
1 teaspoon (5 ml) of salt
1 - 1 1/2 cups (240-360 ml) of water (to bring to dough)
1. Put flour, salt, and sugar into a bowl and rub the butter into it with your fingertips.
2. Add nuts, tomatoes and milk bring together to form a dough adding water until right consistency.
3. Turn out on to a floured board (making sure not to overwork the mixture, as unlike bread, damper needs to be a firm, heavy consistency once cooked).
4. Form into a round freeform loaf, cut a large cross in the centre and put into the oven at 350-375'F (180-200'C) for 20-40 minutes.
5. Served warm with butter or as is. Goes well with soups and hearty stews.