Job Seekers: View Jobs
| Search Jobs
| Job E-mail List
| Post Resumes
Employers: Post New Job
| Amend/Delete Job Listing
Job ID #762
|Operation Blessing International
*Some locations are mapped to nearby cities, not exact addresses
|Location||Virginia Beach, Virginia (USA)
|Updated||October 16, 2017
|Title||Production Chef & Food Manager
|Responsibilities||Operation Blessing International (OBI), an international humanitarian relief and development organization, is seeking a highly skilled Production Chef & Food Manager to provide quality food preparation for mass distribution while managing safe food handling practices for OBI’s Mobile Kitchen and feeding operations. Meeting a critical need, this individual will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing preparations of large quantities of food within hours of a disaster to support staff, volunteers and first responders.
The successful individual will have the following qualifications:
• Minimum of 3 years experience in a commercial kitchen and/or catering operations for large groups of people
• Knowledge of public health and food safety policies and practices
• Knowledge of federal agencies such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, USDA Food Safety and Inspection Services, and the Food and Drug Administration
• Strong ability to become familiar with various state and local health department requirements
• Working knowledge of MSOffice and Internet
• Excellent ability to produce high volumes of quality food within difficult surroundings and under challenging circumstances
• Strong ability to assess resources, implement a plan and evaluate results
• Excellent decision making and organizational skills
• Self-starter with ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish effective working relationships across diverse groups of people
• Ability to train and lead a team of staff or volunteers
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally on short notice and /or for extended periods of time
• Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend and lift up to 35 lbs.
• Must have valid driver’s license with a good DMV record
• Ability to make credit card purchases for OBI as needed
A Charity you can trust!
OBI is a nonprofit organization dedicated to demonstrating God’s love by alleviating human need and suffering in the United States and around the world. One of the largest charities in America, OBI provides strategic relief in 23 countries on a daily basis through core programs such as disaster relief, medical aid, hunger relief, vulnerable children and orphan care, clean water and community development.
Headquartered in beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia, OBI not only offers you a competitive salary and full benefits, it offers you an opportunity to make a global impact! This job will challenge you spiritually as well as professionally, rewarding your commitment to perform with integrity and excellence.
If you desire to make a difference in the lives of others, share our vision and purpose, we would like to hear from you! Visit our web site at www.ob.org to submit an online application. Resumes without applications will not be given full consideration.
|Accepting||Christian Applicants Only
|This business is||A Christian business
|Other Details||977 Centerville Turnpike
|Contact Address||977 Centerville Turnpike|
Virginia Beach, VA 23463
Employer: Edit/Update/Delete This Job